On November 5, 2017, the electors of the City of Saint-Lambert will be asked to elect a new council for a four-year term. The purpose of this section of the City's website is to draw your attention to the main steps of the electoral process.
Make sure you are on the electoral list!
The right to vote is the very expression of democracy, and to exercise that right, an elector must be entered on the electoral list. Every elector must ensure that his or her name is entered on the electoral list. To know more, you can consult the Revision of the list page.
In order to exercise your right to vote on November 5, we invite you to note the following dates in your agenda:
- October 2, 2017: Deposit of the electoral list
- As of October 4, 2017: Mailing out of a notice indicating, for every address, the names of the electors entered on the electoral list as well as the place, day and times to apply for revision of the list
- October 11 to 14, 2017: Period to apply to the board of revisors to enter, correct or strike a name from the electoral list
- As of October 23, 2017: Mailing of reminder cards to individual electors, specifying the address of their polling stations and the names of the candidates
- October 29 and 30, 2017: Advance voting from noon to 8:00 p.m.
- November 5, 2017: Voting day from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Pursuant to section 71 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities, it is the responsibility of the Returning Officer to ensure the preparation and proper conduct of that event. For this election, this role belongs to the City Clerk, Mr. Mario Gerbeau.
For more information, you can contact his office located at City Hall (55 Argyle Avenue):
- Phone: 450 466-3425
- Fax: 450 672-3732
- Email: email@example.com