We are pleased to welcome you to our different social media sites:
- Twitter : www.twitter.com/VilleStLambert
- Facebook : www.facebook.com/VilleStLambert
- LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/company/faire-carrière-à-saint-lambert
- Youtube : www.youtube.com
You’ve come to the right place to learn about and discuss current municipal affairs, such as events, changes to by-laws, new services, and job offers.
Rules of use
We encourage you to participate in the discussions on our social media sites. However, we ask that you keep your comments respectful, courteous and relevant when using these spaces. We also strongly recommend that you identify yourself so that all users know who you really are.
All comments will be read and considered, but we retain the right to remove them or simply not to reply if the messages:
- are racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, aggressive, violent, vulgar or offensive;
- encourage or suggest an illegal activity;
- are intended to defame another user, an elected official or a municipal employee;
- are written in capital letters (overuse equates to shouting);
- constitute business solicitation or advertising, be it for a product, service, or cause;
- are political or religious in nature;
- make reference to a case or personal file or contain confidential information;
- are signed by a person who remains anonymous or who uses a pseudonym; and
- are unrelated to the content of the subjects posted or hinder the smooth exchange of ideas.
We also reserve the right to block a subscriber if we deem, after repeated occurrences, that his or her use of the social media is inappropriate.
Complaints or requests
Our social media sites are not a place for submitting your complaints or requests. You may send these, as well as any questions or comments, to us by using the “Tell us what you think” form at the bottom of each page of our website, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 450-672-4444.
Moreover, we will not reply to any media requests sent via the social media.
The City’s social media accounts are managed by the Human Resources and Communications Office. The accounts are updated during the office’s opening hours, specifically, Monday to Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon) and from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and on Fridays, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., except for statutory holidays.
The accounts may occasionally be monitored in the evening or on weekends during special events or in emergency situations. Also, as certain questions require more research time, this may mean a longer timeframe for replying to the comments received.
The City of Saint-Lambert posts its comments on the social media in French, but English comments are also welcome!
Editorial policy concerning the social media
The City of Saint-Lambert’s editorial policy concerning the social media (available in French only) presents the City’s commitments, orientations and rules regarding the dissemination of content on its official social media sites. Among other things, the policy allows the City to identify persons authorized to disseminate information on these sites, but also to specify the type of content authorized in accordance with the City of Saint-Lambert’s organizational values and objectives.
Like Netiquette, it is intended to guide user conduct in order to preserve a climate of courtesy and ensure the respectful exchange of ideas.
You can consult
Politique éditoriale des médias sociaux (in French)
Waiver and release
The City of Saint-Lambert hereby assumes no liability for:
- any operational problems of the platforms and networks (transmission delays, quality and availability of Internet access, etc.);
- for any inappropriate statements that may be made by third parties participating in the discussion and whom the City follows or that follow the City; and
- the content of external sites originating from hyperlinks.
By posting content on any of the City of Saint-Lambert accounts, you hereby agree that your comments:
- may be used or disseminated by the City of Saint-Lambert for any purpose without future compensation to you and on an unlimited basis; and
- may remain accessible on these accounts indefinitely.
Be aware that you are participating at your own risk and that you assume full responsibility for your comments and any information that you post.
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions of use of the social media at any time and without prior notice.