Throughout the summer, passers-by are invited to fill downtown with the strains of music by taking a few moments to play their favourite melody on the piano that has been set up for them at Gordon Park.
Through this initiative, the City of Saint-Lambert hopes to:
- Provide a free cultural installation for citizens;
- Facilitate exchanges between amateur and professional artists;
- Forge bonds within the Saint-Lambert community;
- Stimulate, develop and maintain an interest for Saint-Lambert’s cultural vitality;
- Encourage citizen participation.
Launch and entertainment
To mark the launch of the 2018 season, citizens are invited to come to Gordon Park on June 12 at 5 p.m. to discover the new piano and attend the 3 voix et 1 piano musical performance.
New this year, we have planned some entertainment around the piano during the summer. For more information, you can consult the Rendez-vous culturels d’été 2018 program, which you’ll find in the Publications section of our website.
The piano may be played from June 13 to September 30:
- Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Saturday, from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Sunday, from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The piano will be closed on holidays and if there is a high risk of rain (60% risk of precipitation and more).
- To allow everyone to have a turn at the piano, if other people are waiting to play, a maximum of 10 minutes per musician is permitted.
- In case of rain, the public is asked to cover the piano with the tarpaulin provided.
Thank you to our partners!
The City of Saint-Lambert thanks Bonbon Noix et cie for opening and closing the piano on weekends, and PianoZik for maintaining the instrument.